Monday, August 9, 2010

Adverts

Marketing executives think you are all idiots. Take for example KFC's latest creation the 'iTwist'. KFC think if they put the letter 'i' before their product it will have some positive connotations and remind the watching public of their beloved ipods, iphones and ipads.
I will freely admit right now I have never met an iTwist but I feel pretty confident when i speculate that this product has no kind of technical innovation whatsoever and you will probably not be able to download and play music and exciting apps with it. Possibly because it largely consists of a wrap and some breaded chicken that is likely to poison you one awful night in a hotel near Sheffield. There's a chance the end of that last sentence just applies to myself.
Given that 'i' in the periodic table refers to Iodine I can only make the base assumption that this is also a key ingredient in KFC's product. Finger Stainin' Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment